Chilli Chocolate Brownie
- 150 grams Unsalted Butter Softened
- 150 grams Good Quality Plain Chocolate Chopped
- 100 grams Good Quality Chilli Plain Chocolate Chopped
- 175 grams Golden Caster Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 75 grams Plain White Flour
- ½ Red Chilli Very Finely Chopped
- 75 grams Whole Blanched Almonds Roughly Chopped.
Preheat the oven to 170°C/fan 150°C/gas mark 3. Grease and line a square 20cm cake tin.
Place 100g plain chocolate and all of the chill chocolate into a bowl with the butter. Set the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Make sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl. Heat, stirring gently until melted. Remove the bowl from the pan and cool slightly.
Beat the sugar into the chocolate mixture using an electric mixer. Add the eggs one at a time until all combined. Sift in the flour and beat until the mixture is smooth. Add the chilli, remaining chocolate and almonds
Pour the mix into the tin and bake for 30 minutes or until the skewer inserted into the brownie comes out clean.
Allow to cool. Cut into squares and serve. Top with warm chocolate sauce for added decadence!