The Komodo Dragon is one of the hottest chilli peppers in the world
The Komodo Dragon was announced in 2015, and went on sale in Tesco stores. Cultivated on our farm in Blunham, Bedfordshire. The pepper is notable also for what was described as a "delayed reaction"-- Eleanor Mansell, who buys chilli peppers for Tesco, said , "At first you can taste a wonderful hot fruitiness, but then after about 10 seconds the full might of this little demon hits you and your whole mouth is aglow".
According to a Tesco buyer, the Komodo Dragon became their most popular pepper in 2015, and it was brought back for 2016. Now you can purchase the Komodo Dragon Chilli in bulk direct from us!
WHY NOT TRY OUR Super-hot Sriracha Recipe with komodo dragon chilli
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Strain out about 1/2 of the resulting pulp. Discard pulp.
- Transfer sauce to a saucepan and cook about 5-10 minutes to reduce.
- Allow to cool and process again to desired consistency.
- Refrigerate at least 2 days to allow flavors to mingle and mellow.
- 1 cup chopped red Jalapeno peppers (or Thai peppers)
- 1-2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 Komodo Dragon Chili